Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Most Recent Check Up

Friday I had an appointment with my oncologist Dr. Ernst. This doctor is wonderful. He actually takes the time to listen to you and answers your questions in a very compassionate way. I love that I have doctors who are in their line of work for what seems to be the right reason: to help us sick people out.

I checked in at the receptions desk and got my blood work done as per usual -- these are monthly visits that I am now very used to.

I was feeling very anxious because I was worried about my dad and Jacqui being very ill in China, so waiting in the waiting room for 2 hours was quite daunting. I busied myself with eating cookies, drinking tea and going for walks around the clinic. Also, I had run into my ex-boyfriends mom (whom I just adore), and we got to chat for a while and catch up on whats going on in every one's lives.

Once it was my turn to go in, I sat and chatted with my nurse, Lisbet. She has been so incredible through this journey. Just as all of the nurses and doctors I've had the pleasure to meet over the last year or so. She let me complain about some of the yuckies in my life and REALLY listened. It helped me a lot.

Once Dr. Ernst came in, he told me that my blood work was "pristine". So the Interferon is not affecting my body too badly. Liver, kidneys, etc are all perfectly functional. I blame it on the green tea.

My mental health seems to be getting better everyday. As long as I take care of myself by eating, drinking, sleeping, getting outside and exercising I will go no where but up from here.

I've learned to allow myself to be angry when I'm feeling angry, cry when I feel sad and laugh when something is funny. As long as I live my life in balance, I will be OK! :)

Finally, I remembered to ask my doctor how they test to see if the chemo worked. He told me that it won't come back if the treatment worked. So I am THRILLED there are no more invasive surgeries to go through. So lets hope I don't have anymore cancer! :)

Also, the end date of my treatment is January 31st. So basically only 3 months left!!!! I'm counting down the days, and I am SO excited!

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Tea lady!! Great news!! Good job you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jess!!! (it's moi, la funkymommy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 months!! The countdown is on. Keep sucking back that tea!

    ReplyDelete