Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cookie Exchange

In light of recent events, I've decieded to do as much fun stuff as I can until I start my chemo treatments in January. We've gone to the Santa Clause Parade, we took the girls to a Christmas party and got their photo taken with Santa, I'm having a tea party next week and we'll soon be visiting the in laws new puppy!! Aww!

On schedule for today was a cookie exchange. After I got my results yesterday, Wayne and I were in a whole different world. The only thing that seemed to matter was the fact that the cancer hadn't spread. Because of that, I forgot to buy my ingredients for the 6 dozen cookies I had to make.

Today at noon I remembered all the baking that needed to be done but I had nothing in the cupboards to make anything. I called Wayne at work and of course, he came to the rescue. I texted him my grocery list and he bought everything for me on my lunch break.

By 2pm I was baking up a storm and trying to calm Annabelle and making sure Brooklyn stayed sleeping through the whole commotion. It was a hectic day and far less fun than I had hoped. When I had made the arrangements for the cookie exchange I didn't realize I was going to be sans grandma all day and I had also planned on baking ahead of time.

The recipe ended up being super delicious which I got from Allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Big-Batch-Kris-Kringle-Cookies/Detail.aspx) and by the time i sorted all the cookies out there were only 4 left for us. I plan on making some more tomorrow night. The cookies I picked up (6 dozen different cookies) were delicious. I just stuck them in my freezer now so that they will still be good for Christmas! Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment