Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Results From the Second Surgery


Today was my appointment after my lymph node removal surgery. I have been trying very hard to distract myself from this disease.

For instance, when I got the results from my first surgery and the prognosis was 50/50 chance to live the next 10 years, Wayne and I decided we'd get married. We realized it wasn't the size of the ring or the super fancy wedding that mattered, which were the only reasons holding us back from getting married in the first place. We just wanted to be married to each other because we love each other.


What started out as us running down to city hall and getting the deed done, it turned into a 10 day circus planning a whole wedding at a church, and a reception hall with only $2000 and 80 guests. Well, we pulled that off. It was amazing! Wayne and I were married November 7th, 2009. We wanted to make sure we did it before my second surgery and before my chemo started, and we did it.

Imagine that, an 18 month old, a 1 month old, finding out you have cancer and planning a wedding. Talk about hectic.

Well, today we got the surgery results. They were able to remove 35 lymph nodes, and each and every single one was tested NEGATIVE! I've never felt such relief in my life. Of course I still have cancer, and I still have a year of chemo treatments ahead of me, but this journy feels like it may just be that much easier on me and we may have caught it in the nick of time.

When chemo starts I will be going in to the Cancer Clinic 5 days a week for 8 hours a day for 4 weeks. Treatment will be every day. It will be difficult. But I know I can do it. With the support I have flooding me right now, I just KNOW I can do it! Once those 4 weeks are over, I will be doing the injections myself at home 3 days a week for 11 months.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, that is great news :) I hope your chemo treatments go well. Speedy recovery and best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete