Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bus Adventure - chemo, sushi, icecream



Today I had an appointment at the Cancer Clinic at 11am and lunch plans with my brother and his new girlfriend afterwards.


I got myself and the girls ready this morning. Up and out of the house by 10:15am which should have given me enough time to take the bus and make it to my appointment on time. I left with just enough money to take the bus 2 ways ($5.50) I must have just missed the bus by a hair because we ended up waiting at our bus stop until about 10:50.

*Uncle Ben and Brooklyn sharing a sundae.

Once we got on the bus, everyone was very kind and helpful. We got off at our stop. Or rather, what I thought was our stop. It wasn't. I got off about 10 blocks sooner than I had anticipated.

I pushed the girls in their stroller up hill to get to the hospital's cancer centre. I don't own a watch or a cell phone so at this point I had no idea what time it was. When we arrived it was 11:20. Not so bad under the circumstances. And luckily they were running behind. So we still waited to see the doctor for about another hour or so.

We stopped in at the chemo suites so that I could say hello to all of the wonderful nurses whom I just adore (and to show of my beautiful girls!). It was great to see them all.

After my appointment I got on another bus so that I could meet my brother and his girlfriend downtown. It was the first time the girls and I met her. She is fabulous.

We ate at the greatest Japanese restaurant (Sushi and Sashimi combo - two thumbs up). Brooklyn loved her Miso soup and rice. She tried a few pieces of spicey salmon and surprised me when she liked it. She also enjoyed dipping her finger in my soya sauce and wasabi mix. I'm sure she would have drankn it like juice had I allowed her.

Annabelle was amazing and drank her soy milk and ate some rice. But I don't think she'll enjoy Japanese the same way her sister does.

Afterwards, we went to Demetres for icecream. Yum! :)

It was a beautiful day. And I loved every second of it. Although, one of the bus driver's wasn't in the nicest of moods today. There was a blind woman on the bus who was very cold, so I had to offer her my sweater because the A/C was on so high, a blind man in a wheel chair was told he couldn't get on the bus because I was in his way, so of course I moved as best I could. When we go to the stop - the man in the wheelchair asked the bus driver if he could lower the ramp, and the bus driver did not respond, so the man repeated himself thinking the bus driver just didn't hear him. Well, the bus driver snapped back and said "I'm not deaf, I heard you the first time".

I don't understand what makes some people so angry for what appears to be no reason at all. I hope his day started to get a little bit better and he treated the rest of the people on his bus route with a bit more respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment