Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Friday, August 27, 2010

"Weird Phone Call Tonight"

This is a post I had written on LondonMoms January 10, 2010.

Though I am not a religious person, I am spiritual. I've been coming to a lot of realizations over the past year and it made me think of this woman I spoke with.

"I was trying to call a friend of mine tonight in Vancouver. I mixed up the last four digits I guess, because when I called there was no answer. Eventually I did get a hold of her. Two minutes after we got off the phone, my phone rang. It was the number I had mis-dialed.

It was an extremely pleasant woman. We spoke for a few minutes. I explained that I called her number by mistake. She asked where my area code was and I told her. Our conversation led to other things and we were talking very freely for quite some time. She was very nice and easy to talk to. I didn't give her any of my personal details but she spoke to me about the weather, that she was moving to Hawaii, her name is Coreen, she has family in Perry Sound. It was a long conversation and she did most of the talking.

When we were getting off the phone she said, "Look Jessica, God has some pretty big plans for you this year." Or something along those lines. She was saying something about God blessing me. I don't know, maybe she was crazy. Although, she seemed quite "normal". I felt as though I dialed that number by accident because I was meant to speak with her. It was strangely uplifting. I never mentioned anything about my chemo, or having 2 young children. She really didn't get a lot of info about me, so she really had no idea what these "big plans" were.

I might just be weirding out or something, but it was a very nice call to get today. I wish there were more pleasant people like that when you dial the wrong number."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! I just happened upon your blog as I saw you joined my blog! I read through your story with your last pregnancy and your battle with cancer and now this recent phone call from a woman you do not know. First of all, I am so sorry you have gone through what you have. I can totally relate as I experienced a terrible year health-wish follwoing the birth of our second child, our littlest boy. I ended up with a weird form of arthritis. It's a long, amazing story with the fingerprints of God all over it. So, I can totally relate on trying to take care of your little ones and dealing with your own health issues. I was forced to quit breastfeeding at 5 1/2 months with Chase and I will probably always mourn that loss as I nursed my first boy for 16 months and loved it.

    Anyway, you are not weirding out here. God is present and He is awesome. God is more than religion or rituals, God is REAL and he desires a relationship with each of us. God heals. God protects. God sustains. He has healed me of my condition and the story is quite a miracle. It took all winter of praying and believing and hoping and hearing back from God through some very speicific scriptures but he has all but healed me. I am a changed woman because of it. I will get into the entire story on my blog someday soon. It's so big and so painful and so hard and so wonderful I don't know where to start.

    Anyway, I hope now I am not "weirding" you out! I just found your story and felt it important to let you know you are not alone in dealing with medical issues while raising our perfect little babies. And that I'm sure God does have an amazing year for you. I'm not sure where you are with your chemo and recovery but I pray you will have or have had a full recovery.

    I highly suggest you listen to the song, "before the morning" by josh wilson. You can youtube it. You can also see a video on vimeo at this link:
    http://www.vimeo.com/13645419

    it has been my anthem of healing this summer!

    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://xojessica-xojessica.blogspot.com/2010/08/inspirational-song-spiritual-but-not.html

    Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete