Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Saving Candle Wax and Tiny Wicks

How can you make your candles last longer? How can you avoid having to throw out a perfectly good candle holder when you still have lots of wax and only a tiny wick?

These are some questions I asked myself when I grabbed my used candles this evening. This is what I've found can solve this dilemma. "How To Make Candles Last Longer" Personally, I find that candles last longer when they burn evenly rather than hallow.


But what about in the meantime when I have lots of wax left over? Well, I melted the wax of a few different candles on a low heat over the stove. Poured the wax from different candles into the candle holders with the longest wicks.

Now, my "happily ever after" is: I have 2 more usable candles than I did before and I didn't have to throw anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment