Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Most Enlightening Day Of My Life

My mind has been opening. It's a slow process, but its finally starting to lead me in the right direction. It's taken a LOT for me to realize where my path in life is intended.

During the past 4 years I have:
  1. Met a man who was positive and laid back -- we were together for just over a year and then;
  2. Moved out of my parents for the first time in my life to live all the way across country to Panorama Mountain Resort
  3. Immediately got pregnant and spent my pregnancy at Panorama, away from family and a proper medical care center (since I am epileptic, I was considered a high risk and the closest town's hospital wasn't equipt to deal with it.. but having no stress throughout my pregnancy lead to me giving birth to an extremely healthy baby)
  4. While away at Pano, both of my Grandmothers passed away. Both of which I was very close to, and sadly was unable to attend their funerals.
  5. We moved back to Ontario when I was (according to doctors) 7 months pregnant so that we could have enough time to settle ourselves when the baby came. My predicted due date was July 8th 2008
  6. We found and bought a small townhouse (thanks to my father who was in a financial position to help us out) with the closing date of June 4th (I would have been 8 months pregnant at the time, giving us another month to prepare the house to move it.
  7. June 4th at 2:30am my water broke. Wayne had to leave the hospital while I was in labour so he could pick up the keys to the house. My lovely family and family in law prepared the house for us. Although, we didn't have any furniture to put in it. We borrowed things that we wanted (couch, kitchen table, cutlery).
  8. I was in labour (not painful labour, but labour none the less) for approx. 40 hours and June 5th at 6:30pm Brooklyn was born.
  9. Since I was considered a high risk pregnancy because of the epilepsy and now the baby was born at 35 weeks gestation (one more week and things would have been "fine") the doctors and nurses wanted me to stay in the hospital until they were sure our breastfeeding relationship was well established.
  10. June 8th I was released from the hospital. I stepped foot in our house for the first time as it's owner with my brand new baby. 2 hours late was my baby shower at my dad's. It was HUGE. There were so many guests. Each and every person that was there was special to me in some way.
  11. 6 blissful months later (Dec. 2008) I became pregnant again - although, I wasn't aware of the fact until Feb. 14th. 2009 - had an incredible pregnancy again. Better than the first.
  12. When I was 8 months pregnant I was diagnosed with malignant melanoma.
  13. Annabelle was born on her due date (September 21, 2009)
  14. Two weeks later I went in for surgery and the results were not good. At that point I was stage III
I could still go on from that point, but I'm not going to. The list is already getting very long and I am starting to lose focus (focus is so important).

I could get into detail about each event listed about but I'm not going to because this would be the longest blog entry ever written. If there is someone (anyone, even you) out there who is interested in more details, you're welcome to ask me anything at all. I'm very open.

Today was the most Enlightening Day of my life for reasons I can hardly express. I'm so happy and its as though the world is all just falling into place. I feel as though I understand humanity all of a sudden. I understand what causes war and violence. I understand why people are negative. I understand why people get sick. I understand why people are mean. I just GET it.  I am so blessed that my eyes are opening to this.

Everyone's eyes can open to this. You just have to pay closer attention to the world around you. Everyone needs to just slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment