Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NEW PROJECT!

Its' been a while since I've last posted on this blog. But I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things.

To sum up the last 8 months as briefly as possible, I started my intensive cancer treatments in January. Five days a week, about 5-8 hours a day for four weeks. Some days were ok, some days I was incredibley tired. I seemed to have an insanely massive head ache that lasted the whole four weeks. Overall though, I can't complain. I know people who get much sicker than I did through treatment.

I'm now onto the less intense treatment. I give myself a small needle every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Most days I'm totally fine but some days I'm very sick (muscle aches, head aches, nauseaus, ALWAYS tired but suffer insomnia, seizures). I've lost about 40 pounds since January. Mostly because I've been working out and eating much healthier, but the treatments also suppress my appetite.

Very breif summary... but there you have it. Overall I'm doing really well. Keeping very busy with the girls and trying to keep myself as busy as I'm capable of.

That brings me to my new project.


I am trying to teach myself discipline. I'm going to work on an at-home project. Starting Aug. 16th I am going to treat myself as though I am in school. I will do math assignments, science reports, book reports, etc etc.

I will give myself due dates for each project I assign myself. I will also get some friends and famiyl members to assign me projects as well. My dad is willing to help out with grading the projects. Well, grading them to some degree. Mostly a pass/fail type of grade.

So far I've been trying to find different online forums to help me out. I've found an English Lit forum that I am going to use to help when I read Homer's The Odyssey. I've found a yoga, spirituality and meditation forum I will use when I do an assignment regarding that. I've even found some great math sites that will help re-educate me on high school math (I forget everything taught to me in math class past the age of 10 I think).

I'm going to do this for an entire school year. Approximately Aug 16th to May 16th. I will take Christmas and March Break off. But I will still have assignments I will need to work on anyway.

I'm really looking forward to this project because I want to see if I'm even capable of doing this. I'd really like to go back to school someday. But I need to know that I'm ready for it. This is going to be tough, but I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment