Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Chemo Break

The biggest side effect from the treatment that I'm on is depression and anxiety. Well, I started an anti-depressant as a preventative in December even though I was feeling good at the time. I know I was high risk though because I was only 2 months post-partum and have a history of mild depression and anxiety as well.

So I started my treatments in mid-January (at the cancer clinic -  5 days/week, 3-8 hours/day, 4 weeks) and I got through that easy-peasy except that I was SO tired. Then, I had a small break after the four weeks were up. Six weeks later I started the low dose of this medication which is an injection I give myself at home 3 days a week (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday - gives me a whole weekend of being drug free which is awesome).

Anyway, I guess my body is extremely sensitive to everything. The psych. Dr at the cancer clinic used the term, sensitive limbic system. Anything seems to make me a little crazy now and being on the anti-depressant was a bit much.

 I'm sort of cleansing my system now and taking a break from all of my medications. Even my anti-seizure. I'm replacing it with green tea in the morning and chamomile in the evening. I even started growing my own chamomile tea.

I'm starting to feel a lot better, but I think I will have to do my shot again tomorrow. I will just push myself through the icky symptoms and get on  with my life. But I think getting of the anti-depressant is a huge step in the right direction! :)

Also, I've come across a group called i[2]y. Which is the "I'm Too Young For This: Cancer Foundation". Its pretty great because I fit right into this category and also want to help others out who are in the same boat. With all my Steeped Tea stuff I have decided that the i2y cancer foundation is going to be a charity I support that way. I'm pretty stoked about it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment