Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Learning to Knit

So I've picked up my needles and yarn. I've read books and I've watched videos.

The book I've started with is called Knitting for Dummies  and it seems prettty basic and easy right now. But I've always had trouble learning anything from a book. I always need to be shown how to do it so I can apply it.

So then I got some help from KnittingHelp.com and my cast-on started to look a lot more normal.

Since I started out using black acrylic yarn, it was sort of hard to see what I was doing, so I decided to switch to my Knit Picks yarn made of 75% cotton and 25% wool in an ivory colour.

The black was just a wee bit tough to start with, espcially since it was so dark in here last night. I can't seem to get past the casting off stage. Maybe now that it isn't so late and the sun is shining brightly I can figure this thing out.

1 comment: