Welcome to my tiny portion of the world. Reading through this will give you some insight to my life and what happiness really is to me.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busy life = Happy life?

After lots of self-analysis, I've decided that my type of depression/anxiety is curable without medication. I mean, I'm sure I could take some magic pill (can anyone say Prozac?) that might change things and make life a little bit easier, but why take a pill when it is a lifestyle change I know that I need?

So, I am going to be putting my energy - the little bit that I have - into making myself happier and healthier. It will be tough because for the last year with treatment, my body has been acting as though its fighting off the flu so a lot has been taken out of me. But I figure that the sooner I TRY to feel better, the sooner I WILL feel better.

We all know that eating well, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, sunlight and exercise is the best way to maintain yourself physically, but we often forget that those factors are also a huge part of your mental well-being. To add to the list, I am going to start reading more, blogging more, getting out with the kids more and cooking dinner more often. Yes, money can be a factor in what we do or what we're capable of doing, but I am going to compile a list of daily activities to do for a week on little to no money.

I'm going to jam as much as I can into the next two weeks so that when I start my new job I will hopefully feel happier and more energetic. Or, I might feel tired and ready for a break. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment